Article 1 of the constitution of Kenya 2010
Chapter 1 - SOVEREIGNTY OF THE PEOPLE AND SUPREMACY OF THIS CONSTITUTION
Article 1 - Sovereignty of the people
- All sovereign power belongs to the people of Kenya and
shall be exercised only in accordance with this Constitution.
- The people may exercise their sovereign power either directly or through their
democratically elected representatives.
- Sovereign power under this Constitution is delegated to the following State organs,
which shall perform their functions in accordance with this Constitution-
- Parliament and legislative assemblies in the county governments;
- The national executive and the executive structures in the county
- The judicial and independent tribunals.
- The sovereign power of the people is exercised at-
- The national level; and
- The county level