Article2 - Supremacy of this constitution
- This constitution is the supreme law of the Republic and binds all persons and
all State organs at both levels of government.
- No person may claim or exercise State authority except as authorised under
- The validity or legality of this Constitution is not subject to challenge by
or before any court or other State organ.
- Any law including customary law, that is inconsistent with this Constitution
is void to the extent of the inconsistency, and any act or omission in
contravention of this Constitution is invalid.
- The general rules of international law shall form part of the law of Kenya.
- Any treaty or contravention ratified by Kenya shall form part of the law of
Kenya under this Constitution.