Pay your Kenya Power electricity bill with Mpesa
how to use Mpesa to pay Kenya power electricity bill
Using Mpesa it is easy to pay your Kenya power electricity bills through your mobile handset. The following procedure should suffice for those of us who cannot make it in time to pay their Kenya power electricity bill.
- To pay your Kenya power electricity bill by mpesa please use the following instruction
- Login to your phone Mpesa account and select pay bill.
- In the Mpesa Menu enter business number window, enter 888888 and press OK. 888888 is the business number for Kenya power pay bill
- The Mpesa enter account no. window should appear; enter your full Kenya Power & Lighting Company account number. Your KPLC or Kenya Power & Lighting Company account number looks similar to this 1234567-01
- in the Mpesa Menu Enter Amount window, Enter the amount of money you would like to pay to KPLC
- Enter your Mpesa pin and complete the transaction by pressing send/OK/confirm on your phone.
Use the same business number if you are using airtel money or pesa pap to pay Kenya Power electricity bill
To avoid disconnection, Please make sure that your KPLC or Kenya Power & Lighting Company bill payment using Mpesa is done before 48 hours to deadline because it takes 24 – 48 hours to
verify an online transaction.
You can always use the MPesa confirmation message for Kenya power payment bill to confirm that you have paid by showing it to Kenya power employees send to enforce disconnection.
Kenya Power Emergency Number 95551. Use this number also to query your Kenya power billings, prepaid and new connections, power interruptions and emergency services.