Article 10 of the constitution of Kenya 2010
National values and principles of governance.
- The national values and principles of governance in this article bind all state organs, state officers, public officers and all people whenever any of them-
- Applies or interprets this constitution;
- Enacts, applies or interprets any law; or
- Makes or implements public policy decision
- The national values and principles of governance include-
- patriotism, national unity, sharing and devolution of power, the rule of law, democracy and participation of the people.
- Human dignity, equity, social justice, inclusiveness, equality, human rights, non-discrimination and protection of the marginalized;
- good governance, integrity, transparency and accountability; and
- sustainable development.