Article 14 of the constitution of Kenya 2010
Citizenship by birth
- A person is a citizen by birth if on the day of the person's birth, weather or not the person is born in Kenya either the mother or the father of the person is a citizen.
- Clause (1) applies equally to a person born before the effective date, weather or not the person was born in Kenya, if either the mother or the father of the person is a citizen.
- Parliament may enact legislation limiting the effect of clauses (1) and (2) on the descendants of Kenyan citizens who are born outside Kenya.
- A child found in Kenya who is, or appears to be, less than eight years of age, and whose nationality and parents are not known, is presumed to be a citizen by birth.
- A person who is a Kenyan citizen by birth and who has ceased to be a Kenyan citizen because the person acquired citizenship of another country, is entitled on application to regain Kenyan citizenship.