Article 15 of the constitution of Kenya 2010
Citizenship by registration
- A person who has been married to a citizen for a period of at least seven years is entitled on application to be registered as a citizen.
- A person who has been lawfully resident in Kenya for a continuous period of at least seven years, and who satisfies the conditions prescribed by an Act of Parliament, may apply to be registered as a citizen.
- A child who is not a citizen, but is adopted by a citizen, is entitled on application to be registered as a citizen.
- Parliament shall enact a legislation establishing conditions on which citizenship may be granted to individuals who are citizens of other countries.
- This Article applies to a person as from the effective date, but any requirements that must be satisfied before the person is entitled to be registered as a citizen shall be regarded as having been satisfied irrespective of whether the person satisfied them before of after the effective date, or partially before, and partially after, the effective date.