Supremacy of this constitution
Article 2 of the constitution of Kenya
SOVEREIGNTY OF THE PEOPLE AND SUPREMACY OF THIS CONSTITUTION
2. Supremacy of this constitution
- This constitution is the supreme law of the Republic and binds all persons and all State organs at both levels of government.
- No person may claim or exercise State authority except as authorised under this Constitution.
- The validity or legality of this Constitution is not subject to challenge by or before any court or other State organ.
- Any law including customary law, that is inconsistent with this Constitution is void to the extent of the inconsistency, and any act or ommission in contravention of this Constitution is invalid.
- The general rules of international law shall form part of the law of Kenya.
- Any treaty or contravention ratified by Kenya shall form part of the law of Kenya under this Constitution.